Part time, daylight hours, 4 days a week, 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
LOCATION: 131 Pleasant Drive, Aliquippa, PA 15001
JOB DESCRIPTION: Reporting to the Supervisor for Aurora Services, the MH Community Engagement Specialist will be responsible for providing services to individuals with Behavioral Health disorders in the community as they work to overcome vocational barriers and live lives that are more independent through involvement in community activities, volunteerism, and job seeking /acquisition.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
•Supports clients in exploring the community in an effort to help them consider the prospect of competitive employment
• Maintains a positive relationship with clients, their families, coworkers, outside agencies and community employers
• Trains clients in new job skills, independence skills, problem solving skills and decision making necessary for competitive employment
• Completes documentation in a timely manner and maintains accurate files/reports for persons involved in the Community Employment Program
• Transports clients as needed using company and personal vehicle with mileage reimbursement
• Will conduct Job Preparation Classes as needed
• Work with Program Specialist to develop opportunities for career observation, job observation, job shadowing, tours and transitional work experience.
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
• Comfortable working either one or in a group setting
• Strong work ethic with high integrity
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office – Word, Outlook
• Valid driver’s license
• Able to pass background checks and clearances
• High school diploma or equivalent